20070916

Fight Club

Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club.

Betyg: 5

Wow, this was a quick read. Partly because I already know the plot by heart (and the movie kept pretty close to the book), but also because it's one of those books that just sucks you in. Heaps of black fun. Kind of hard to say something new about it after all these years, but let's just say I love the movie to death and yet I'm not convinced that it did the book complete justice. (For instance, you know how hard it is to shake the faces of the actors when you read a book after seeing the movie? No such problem here; for some reason, I kept imagining Robert Downey Jr instead of Edward Norton. And I *love* Edward Norton.) Anyway, even though I did get the (perhaps unfair) feel that the book hints at the twist in the story a lot sooner and a lot more obviously than the movie did, it's still like a punch to the pit of your brain, I loathved it to bits, and I'm glad I didn't give up on Palahniuk after Haunted.

Etiketter: